Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh, all right. Fine.

There really is, right now, only one in my book that I feel OK about posting.

I did it last August when my Talking Brain had exhausted itself with complaining about the heat. I think it had gone into some kind of coma, and I drew this in the resulting fugue state.

 
I was focusing on doing hands and drapery. This is a bit of a statue of St. Mark by Donatello.

Now that I know a bit more what to look for, I can see all kinds of technical flaws, and I know that I would have approached it in a different way now.

 
But I drew it upside down, as suggested in the book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain.

 
This is the photo of the original.

I really must take a weekend some time soon, before the weather gets too nasty, and go to Florence.

(Plus, I've just discovered that Picasa has a thingy where you can post photos directly to Blogger. I just love technology!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks impressive to me, Hilary.