Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pay no attention to that elephant in the living room...



Fr. Ray Blake, carefully not saying things:

People have been asking me about what the Pope has been allegedly saying to that divorced and civilly remarried Argentinian woman.

Jesus said, "Every one who puts away his wife and marries another commits adultery; and every one that marries one put away from a husband commits adultery". Now, I cannot imagine anyone who loves Christ and his teaching, saying to this poor woman, 'Jesus, says one thing but I teach something that is opposite to Jesus, follow me because I am greater than Jesus Christ'.

Now, simply, that would be anti-Christ and a diabolic blasphemy, so the poor woman is either mistaken or lying.
Of course, having, so to speak, minutely drawn the negative space around the elephant, the image of the elephant in the room becomes the most prominent object in the drawing.

To wit: there is one more logical possibility.



~