Friday, January 02, 2015

What to do with the January 2th holiday



I think I've mentioned that my favourite genre of film is Apocalypse. The Bomb, zombies (supernatural and viral), robots, AI super-computers, vampires, pandemic viruses, asteroids, comets, volcanoes, the sudden totally unexplained failure of all plant life (which is as close to an explanation as we got from The Most Depressing Book/Movie Ever Made Road), political dystopias, talking apes, pod-people aliens, tripod aliens, Triffids, long-forgotten buried dormant dragons, total economic collapse due to Evil Capitalists (too numerous to link), sudden ice ages triggered by industrial emissions reducing the salinity of the Gulf Stream (science!!), sudden unexplained plant-sentience (not making that one up, "They're mean, they're green and they're mad as hell..."), titanic reversals of the earth's polarity, titanic reversals of the earth's magma layer, overpopulation, underpopulation, and rampant Terry Gilliam... I love em all.

I direct your time-wasting morbid procrastinating attention to The Apocalypse Index at TV Tropes website...

possibly the only site on the net even more addictive than Facebook.



~

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Excellent. Thank you for putting so eloquently what I hadn't been able to put my finger on for some time now.