Saturday, March 28, 2015

Spring

Today is the first day in a while that we've had any sun. And the difference a week or so makes at the end of March is amazing. The grass and wildflowers are everywhere, the hedges are sprouting, Stellaria media, shepherd's purse, nettles, prunella vulgaris, ranunculus, hazel, plums and whitethorn all blooming and sprouting all over. And all week the clouds and fog curling over the tops of the mountains and rolling down the slopes and down over the valley floor.

It's so gorgeous here that it's actuallyl hard to concentrate. I find my attention drifting out the window when I ought to be watching cat videos and brainlessly drifting around Facebook. If I'm not careful, I'm going to start liking the real world more than the internet.

Actually, in all seriousness, I've been getting more and more frustrated and annoyed by the internet. So, I took a bit of a step yesterday, and cancelled my home account. No more full time wifi in the house.

Also took a long walk, happily splashing through the puddles in my English wellies, down to the garden centre and bought one of the biggest planter boxes they've got. What I hope to do ultimately is build wooden planters straight onto the ground, but for the moment, I think I'm going to go with containers.


You can do a lot with containers.



~

1 comment:

Louise L said...

Beautiful!